Inspected Once – Inspected Right
Whether you’re buying or selling, Ambrosia Inspection Services is the premier source for valuable, objective insight into a home’s condition and safety. I, Gary Ambrosia, offer professional, certified, residential inspections throughout Monterey and Santa Cruz counties to give you the relevant information you need to make informed decisions. Our standard, onsite residential inspection covers the following:
- Foundation and Footings – The structural integrity of the foundation and signs of settling and cracking, along with grade issues including conditions conducive to moisture.
- Attic and Insulation – Visible framing and roof sheathing, ventilation, insulation, and signs of moisture.
- Roofing and Gutters – Condition of materials and its ability to carry off moisture and evidence of possible water penetration.
- Exterior Siding, Flashing, Trim, Soffit, and Fascia – General condition of materials, including a thorough check for gaps and other moisture hazards.
The certified report will be easy to read and understand…
- Driveways, Patios, Decks, and Porches – Signs of settling, deck safety and deferred maintenance.
- Interior Walls, Floors, Ceilings, Doors, and Windows
- Electrical System – Outside entrance wiring, service panels, branch circuit wiring, electrical fixtures, outlets, switches, and other devices, including outlet polarity and GFCI protection.
- Plumbing System and Drain Piping – Main water connection, all visible supply and drain waste piping, and plumbing fixtures.
- Water Heater – Size and installation, including flue vent and pressure relief value.
- Heating and Cooling System – Proper installation of furnace and other central air components, including air supply ducts, registers, and thermostats.
My Promise to YouChoosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals, you probably will not get to meet me until after you hire me. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and, yes, different pricing. One thing for sure is that a home inspection requires work — a lot of work. Ultimately, a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort. This, I promise you.
Trusted Home Property Inspector for Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
Using leading-edge technology and practices, I enable homebuyers to get a better look at their potential purchases, as well as giving sellers the ability to offer safer, better maintained homes. Home inspections can also be beneficial for a variety of other purposes including project and contractor oversight and annual preventative maintenance.
What Is Thermal Imaging?
Originally developed during the Vietnam War to help find enemy soldiers at night, thermal imaging, also called infrared imaging, has been used in the medical and construction industry.
Now, it is available for home inspections to offer a higher degree of assessment for both residential and commercial properties. At Ambrosia Inspection Services, I use thermal imaging as a non-invasive/non-destructive form of testing to:
- Detect moisture issues in foundations and flashings, as well as leaks in doors, windows, and roofs.
- Detect plumbing issues including leaking connections in supply and drain lines, leaking toilet seals, and bathtub/shower enclosure leaks.
- Detect electrical issues such as overheating breakers, fuses, distribution wires, outlets, and switches
- Evaluate heating and cooling systems, including energy loss in duct work.
- Assess energy efficiency by checking for air leaks around doors, windows, walls, basements, and attics.
Have questions? Want to schedule a home inspection?
Contact me today.